Help Me with some information
After we schedule a preaching date, I will need your help with some details. Please send me the specifics, please, on things like:
- Worship time(s).
- Exact street address that I should use for my GPS.
- Order of worship/bulletin, if available.
- Dress expectations: suit, clergy robe, or business casual (or, in some cases, casual-casual!).
- Anything you think I need to know about the service/do in the service: communion, pastoral prayer, seasonal liturgy, etc.?
- Should I plan to read the scripture for my sermon, or is the Word read by a liturgist?
- Do you need me to provide any Powerpoint/multimedia slides for the sermon? If so, to whom should I send it?
- I've found it works best if there is a local on-site contact for that morning who can let me know any worship particulars. It also helps in case there is a transportation problem (flat tire, etc.) or illness on Sunday morning.
- Could there be a liturgist who does announcements & local traditions?
- Could I have a quick moment early in the service, such as announcements or the passing of the peace, to introduce myself?