Help Me with some information
After we schedule a preaching date, I will need your help with some details. Please send me the specifics, please, on things like:
- Worship time(s).
- Exact street address that I should use for my GPS.
- Order of worship/bulletin, if available.
- Dress expectations: suit, clergy robe, or business casual (or, in some cases, casual-casual!).
- Anything you think I need to know about the service/do in the service: communion, pastoral prayer, seasonal liturgy, etc.?
- Should I plan to read the scripture for my sermon, or is the Word read by a liturgist?
- Do you need me to provide any Powerpoint/multimedia slides for the sermon? If so, to whom should I send it?
- I've found it works best if there is a local on-site contact for that morning who can let me know any worship particulars. It also helps in case there is a transportation problem (flat tire, etc.) or illness on Sunday morning.
- Could there be a liturgist who does announcements & local traditions?
- Could I have a quick moment early in the service, such as announcements or the passing of the peace, to introduce myself?
Short Biography for Printing & Event Introductions
The Rev. Dr. Blake Bradford is the Chief Mission Strategist and Superintendent of the Central District of the Arkansas Conference, and co-author of the book, IMPACT! Reclaiming the Call of Lay Ministry. A graduate of Hendrix College, he has masters degrees from Vanderbilt University and Iliff School of Theology, and a Doctor of Ministry from Perkins School of Theology at SMU. Blake has pastored churches of different sizes and contexts, and he has served the Arkansas Conference Center for Vitality as a congregational coach, consultant, and director of the ordination program. He and his wife Kerri, an instructor in the art department at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, have two teenage children. Blake also holds a second-degree black belt, which he believes has been his best training for ministry!